Friday, February 3, 2012

Back to Blogging

Ok...so in a frenzy of blogging yesterday I deleted everything I had posted in the last week.  SO, here is one BIG update of what has been happening in the last year (or two) and I hope you can keep up!

BRYCE

Checking Papa Buffy's Cows!

3 years old and keeping us busy!  He loves dinosaurs, tractors, spending time with his Dad and loving on his brother.  This boy is not afraid of the cows or pig anymore and will walk around them like they are his pets.  We are going to have to be a little more careful, because his carelessness is going to get him hurt some day!  Bryce loves to play outside (thankful for the mild winter) and really enjoys riding his bike!  It's hard to believe that 3 years have gone by, but then again, it seems like he's been with us forever!  He loves to get his haircut by "Kaffy" and his favorite movies are Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 and Cars 1 & 2.  He is completely potty-trained, thankfully through the night now too and gets rewarded for good behavior on a weekly basis! 

Happy 3rd Birthday Bryce!

After a long trip to KC for Thanksgiving, Bryce didn't want to go home, so he hid in Grandma's cabinet!


CONNER
Conner Joseph Wassmann was born May 6, 2011.  We call him Conner Joe (or Conner Joey if your Bryce) a lot...just because we couldn't come up with a good nick name for him! 

Just Born!
9:41am  7lbs 7.6oz

Yes, he surprised us a little, but we still love him to the moon and back!  He is very active, if you aren't holding him you better be playing with him because he wants all of your attention.  Conner's smile will melt your heart any day of the week...and those blue eyes will get him some pretty girls later (MUCH LATER) in life!  He admires his brother like every little brother should and is 100% a Momma's Boy just like Bryce (which isn't always a good thing for Momma).  Conner will be 9 months old on Monday...now that's hard to believe!

Love at First Sight!

Conner at 7 months old!

MOMMA
Well, I'm still working for the Title Company and things are a little slow right now, but not dead, so that's good!  I am deep into reading "The Help" and can't wait to finish so I can watch the movie.  I can't pick up the book unless I'm going to be able to devote some time to reading it....I usually try to read while I'm eating lunch!  I'm also excite to report that I'm a member of Weight Watchers and currently have lost 34 pounds!  At the first of the year I began Bootcamp at the YMCA.  The instructor is amazing and I'm actually losing the inches I wasn't able to lose with the exercise I was doing before.  I can now fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn since BEFORE I was pregnant with Bryce!  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!  I have also started running more, this week I have been to the Y every day and I plan to go today over my lunch so I can run again and see how far I can go.  I have a goal.....to be able to RUN the St. Patrick's Day 5K in March.  Here's the best before picture I could find....I'm going to have Dale take an after picture of me so I can post later.
BLAH...but good encouragement!

This is the best "progress" picture I could find.
This was taken on Nov. 30, 2011
I had lost 31 pounds by this time!
DADDY
Almost a year ago, Dale left the hog farm and started a new "career" with Ag Coop in Boonville.  He is their spray operator and he seems to love his job!  I'm so glad he was able to get away from the stress of the farm and into something that he really enjoys.  His job came at a good time, he has been able to spend more and more time home with his family and we enjoy having him there!  Although, it's hard to establish a routine without him and then have him home to establish a new routine to then be thrown into spring again when we have to establish a whole new routine!  But, I think we'll manage!

No pictures of Daddy - I don't think he'd approve anyway!

Well, there you have it....a brief detail of how our lives are going at this time.  My hope is to update the blog on a daily basis, if possible, and to keep our family near and far up to date on what is happening in our lives!  I also hope to share my journey in losing weight with everyone.  For the first time, EVER, I am excited about losing weight and exercising and I want to share that excitment with others!  Plus, we've been getting a little creative in our recipes, so I'd be happy to share them on the blog so others can enjoy!

Keep checking back...I hope to have a new blog header and music added this weekend!  We need to get little Conner Joe added to the family blog!



No comments: